1. What are cookies and why do we use them on our website?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s device when accessing certain websites to store and retrieve information about the browsing that takes place from your computer.
Cookies allow this website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about user decisions and habits. To the present web the cookies that exist are necessary for the operation of this one.
2. What kind of cookies are there?
Cookies, depending on how long they remain on, can be divided into session or permanent cookies:
- Session and persistent cookies: Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion. In the case of persistent ones, the data is still stored in the device for a certain period of time, thus facilitating the control of the chosen preferences without having to repeat certain parameters each time the website is visited.
Additionally, depending on the entity that manages them, cookies can be classified as own or third-party:
- Own or third-party cookies: Own cookies are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided. Instead, third-party cookies are those that are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In this regard, cookies can be:
- Technical cookies / personalization / analysis / advertising: technical cookies would be those that allow to control the traffic and the communication of data; those of personalization, those that let the users access according to some own characteristics that collect (browser, language, etc.). The analysis ones are those that allow the person in charge of them, the follow-up and the size of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked, collect data on the behavior of the users and allow to elaborate a user profile. Finally, the advertisers collect data on the management of the advertising spaces
3. What type of cookies does the website use?
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary: This cookie manages your non-mandatory cookie settings, is persistent and lasts for one year..
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary: This cookie handles required cookies, is persistent and lasts for one year.
- viewed_cookie_policy: This cookie manages the display of the cookie configuration screen, is persistent and lasts one year.
- CookieLawInfoConsent: This cookie manages your cookie consent, is persistent and lasts for one year.
Personalization cookies on the blog:
These cookies are responsible for storing your preferences if you check the option to save your name, email and website for the next time you comment.
These cookies are optional and are only registered if you leave the corresponding checkbox checked.
- comment_author_xxxxx: It is specifically responsible for storing the name of the author of the comment.
- comment_author_email_xxxxx: It is responsible for storing your email.
- comment_author_url_xxxxx: It is responsible for storing the website.
4. How to disable browser cookies?
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure whether and not to accept cookies. These parameters are usually found in the “parameters” or “preferences” of your browser menu.
- Information about cookies for Internet Explorer.
- Information about cookies for Mozilla Firefox.
- Information about cookies for Opera.
- Information about cookies for Google Chrome.
- Information about cookies for Safari.
- additional information